ANAMNESIS Submission Guidelines
ANAMNESIS invites submissions on a rolling basis of academic feature articles, review-essays on neglected books, and reviews on contemporary books for the annual edition of ANAMNESIS. We are also accepting web article submissions. All such articles, essays, and reviews should be relevant to our themes of tradition, place, and ‘things divine.’ For more information on these themes, please read the ANAMNESIS editorial statement.
Scholars from across the broad spectrum of academic disciplines are encouraged to consider ANAMNESIS for publication.
All submissions should be a Microsoft Word or PDF document in Chicago Style format with 12-pt font, 1-inch margins and double-spaced throughout. Desired lengths are as follows;
- Feature article submissions should be 6,000 to 11,000 words, including footnotes or endnotes.
- Review-essays should be 3,000 to 5,000 words
- Book reviews should be 1500 to 2,000 words.
- Web articles can vary in length between 1,000 and 6,000 words.
All submissions should also include the following:
- An abstract of 100-200 words
- A 1-2 sentence bio for each author
- The desired venue for publication – web or print
- A separate title page with the author’s information, which can be removed for the facilitation of a double-blind peer review. Please do not include your name or institutional affiliation on pages containing the actual text of the manuscript.
- If figures, tables or images are used, please number them consecutively and include each item as a separate file. All figures, tables, charts, or images must be computer generated.
- We typically attach a featured image to all web essays. If you would like to include one with your submission, that would be greatly appreciated. The use of all images in this manner, however, is subject to the editor’s discretion
Submission and Review Process
To submit an article, essay, and/or review, please email the editor at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can send a hard copy to ANAMNESIS Journal, P.O. Box 84430, Baton Rouge, LA 70884.
Submissions will initially be reviewed by the editor. Upon deeming a feature article or review-essay submission worthy of peer-review, the editor will send it to 2 or more qualified readers. At this time, web articles and reviews of contemporary books will not be peer-reviewed.
We typically respond to all e-mails within 3 business days, and often faster. The review process, from submission to publication can take anywhere from 6-18 months, and varying levels of revision are often requested throughout the process. Web essays are typically published much faster.
ANAMNESIS reserves the right to copyedit all manuscripts accepted for publication. Authors will be given the opportunity to view proofs of their final article prior to publication.
Manuscripts with more than one author are reviewed with the assumption that all authors approve of its submission to ANAMNESIS. An Author Agreement, with specific rights reserved by the author, must be signed and returned to the Editor prior to publication.
SPECIAL REQUEST FOR ONLNE ESSAYS: We are currently seeking 1,500-2,000 word essays to publish on the ANAMNESIS website. These web-articles can address various topics and issues related to our core-themes: Tradition, Place, and ‘Things Divine.’ Please contact us if you are interested in submitting an article: firstname.lastname@example.org.