ANAMNESIS WEB ESSAYS
It has long been a tradition for political theorists to teach Plato’s Republic at some point or another in their career. When discussing the three parts of the soul that… Read more »
Seeing America in the Spirit of Tocqueville: A Conversation on Democracy in America with Harvey Mansfield
This interview was conducted with Harvey Mansfield of Harvard University
In a period of less than five years, Philip Roth has published four short novels in rapid succession: Everyman (2006), Indignation (2008), The Humbling (2009), and Nemesis (2010).
Future Perfect: The Case for Progress in a Networked Age By Steven Johnson Riverhead Books, 2012, 229pp.
Sample Print Edition Content
- Free Fathers and Sons: The Principle of Love in Turgenev’s Liberalism
- Tradition and the Experience of Citizenship: Political Hermeneutics in Hans-Georg Gadamer, John Dewey, and Hannah Arendt
- Friendship and Politics in No Country for Old Men, Gran Torino, and Up
- Harry Jaffa’s Egalitarian Natural Law
- Michael Oakeshott’s Democratic Voice Review Essay of Michael Minch’s The Democratic Theory of Michael Oakeshott